Monday, March 30, 2015

The Uncanny Spiderclops - 2015 Comicon Challenge

I just finished my entry into the 2015 Comicon Challenge!

This years theme was "Fusion", meaning one superhero gets another superhero's powers. I chose to do Spiderman (in the Back in Black suit) and Cyclops.

I wanted to work with the Back in Black suit because, quite simply, its my favorite one. It's striking and bold. Additionally, Spiderman has been my favorite superhero since I was about 5 years old.

My 5 year old self used to jump from couch to couch in the living room while saying, "Pidaman, momma, Pidaman!" Then I would shoot fake webs from my hands while adding my own sound effects, "psst, psst!"

It actually feels pretty cool to finally have my own Spiderman now. I'm not sure why I didn't make one sooner. This is my first superhero model and my first Comicon, so I had to make a comic book cover. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

I learned a lot from this project, mostly I learned that there are a lot of things I don't know. However, now I know where a few gaps in my learning exist, so I can start to get rid of them.

The Spiderclops is pretty lowpoly and has old school textures. I would like to make a few higher poly things with PBR rendering, so that's the next thing I will be working on.

I'm really excited for what comes next.

Cheers!
Sarah







No comments:

Post a Comment