Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Boott Mills

Last weekend, I went to the Boott Mills in Lowell, MA. I grew up in Dracut, MA, the next town over, so I’ve always loved the Mills. So many stories live in the Boott Mills, some good, some sad, all inspiring. 

I went there to try to do some mechanical drawing without the use of a ruler or pencil (It’s didn’t go so great but I’m going to go back and try again!). I had not been there in 15 years, and it felt a little bit like going home. I’ve gone so many times with school.  

I was planning on only drawing the looms, drawers, carting machines, etc, but they opened the Mill Girl exhibit so I had to pop over there too. 

Anyway, I made a lot of very bad drawings, but towards the end of the day, I made these which I think are a great step forward for me. I was there from open to close, so it was a fun, long day. 

I can’t wait to get back there in a few weeks to see if my eye has improved.


Cheers!







No comments:

Post a Comment